If your refrigerator is broken or you need a temporary sofa bed to entertain, you can rent them with no problem! Rent A Center is a company for the purchase and rental of furniture, appliances, appliances, among other products. This has made the company a leader in the world of home equipment because it is one of the few that offers all kinds of equipment and furniture for rent with the option to buy (and installments). Next, we will tell you how Rent A Center works.
In addition to managing profitable prices, Rent A Center works with recognized brands, such as Samsung and Whirlpool. To this should be added the flexibility of payments and a series of offers, discounts and benefits compared to its competition.
Because of its usefulness -especially in times of crisis- let’s investigate how Rent A Center works. Thus, you will know if it is the ideal option for you.
What is Rent A Center?
Rent A Center is a rent-to-own company focused on one thing: giving consumers the opportunity to access the equipment they need for their home or office at affordable prices and without much paperwork.
At first glance, it would be difficult to differentiate it from any other installment store. The difference is in the conditions of each operation. For example, to rent and buy at Rent A Center you won’t even need a credit score.
How does Rent A Center work?
Rent A Center has a quick and easy process to complete. Everything with Rent A Center is so simple that we can simplify it in three steps:
- Explore the Rent A Center catalog and select the product you need. Rent A Center works with several brands, most of them recognized worldwide.
- When you already have the appliance, piece of furniture or device you want in mind, choose your payment plan. Rent A Center is quite flexible on this subject because it will allow you to pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly or bimonthly.
- Enter the delivery date of the product. At this point, the company will check inventory and verify your operation to schedule shipping at no additional cost or fee.
Orders at Rent A Center are completed 100% online, which means you won’t even have to leave your home to complete the rental or purchase transaction.
The approval of the sale occurs in most cases. Why? Because the company has fairly low and easy to meet requirements and eligibility thresholds.
Keep reading: Car repossession in the USA: What does it mean and what can you do?
What do I need to rent / buy at Rent A Center?
Now that you know how Rent A Center works, it’s time to talk about the requirements. This is perhaps our favorite part because the company is not very demanding regarding the profile of its clientele. To obtain your equipment or furniture in Rent A Center, you will only need:
- Name and surname, as it appears on your identity document
- Date of birth of the buyer
- Current contact informationi.e. email, home address and phone number
- proof of income. This information must be verifiable. It can be an account statement, your payment receipt, the last tax return, etc.
- If you live rented, information on landlord contact. If you live in your own home purchased with a mortgage loan, information on mortgage lender contact.
- Personal references signed by friends, colleagues or relatives who do not live with the buyer. Depending on your profile, you would need 2, 3, or 4 letters of reference.
How much credit do I need to buy/rent?
However, there is one disadvantage In all this. While Rent A Center will not ask you for credit, or even a FICO score, nor will it inform your payments to the bureaus of the country. If you wanted to build or strengthen your credit life with your next installment purchase, this – surely – is a con.
Now, let’s put pessimism aside! This disadvantage could be a good thing if you are in a difficult financial situation with a latent danger of returning the product. In case your finances do not go as you want or you lose your job in the future, you can get rid of any obligation you have with the company.
Benefits of being a Rent A Center client
There are several benefits to being a Rent A Center customer. Perhaps the most prominent of them is the opportunity to buy what you need and pay in easy installments or end up renting what you need temporarily. But -without a doubt- the company offers other advantages, such as:
- Fast and free deliveries. As long as there is inventory of the product you have ordered in your area, you could receive it in less than 24 hours.
- The store matches the prices of its competition. If your contract is new, Rent A Center can readjust the price or the payment plan of the product so that it coincides with the prices that the competitor stores manage.
- varied catalog. Rent A Center has an extremely varied product catalog that includes furniture, small electrical equipment, appliances, smartphones, desktop computers, laptops and much more. It even has a collection of refurbished products at a bargain price.
- Try what you want before you buy it. This is a benefit that is not usually named, but is perhaps one of the most important in the market. With Rent A Center you can test the appliance you like before signing a purchase contract. How? Through the rental service.
- Change your mind and get a discount. After renting the appliances or furniture you need for a period of 6 months -and as long as you make your payments on time- you can finish buying them for an incredible price. In some states of the country, such as New York and California, this period of time is reduced to 4 months.
- Work with the best brands. Rent A Center does not improvise in terms of quality. That is why he prefers to work with the most important and recognized manufacturers in the market: LG, Samsung, Dell, Microsoft, Whirlpool, Acer, Lenovo, Sony and many others.
- Secure purchase or rental. What do we mean? Well, if you opt for Rent A Center services, you will have access to a free maintenance and repair service. This service will only be available during the term of the contract, but -without a doubt- it will be a great help (and will represent important savings).
- You can return your products without penalty. If you rented a certain product or signed a rent-to-own agreement and regret it part way through, you can return it without having to worry about paying a fine or penalty.
- You do not lose what you have paid so far. In case of returns, you can exchange the product for a similar one or resume the contract at any time up to a maximum of 2 years, which means that what you had paid until the return will be considered for the new contract.
How are payments scheduled?
As you already know, with Rent A Center you can adjust your payments to your budget. In itself, you have the option to choose weekly, fortnightly, monthly or bimonthly payments (which is perfect for the buyer because it gives them autonomy over their finances).
Regarding the schedule of payments, the company offers 4 different alternatives:
- automatic payments. You can schedule your payments to be made automatically on the date chosen by you.
- Online payments. You can use Rent A Center’s online platform or mobile app to complete your payments.
- phone payments. You also have the option of contacting your local Rent A Center store and paying by phone. Just be aware that this method will be subject to an additional fee of $1.99.
- Payments in person. If you don’t like technology very much -and you don’t want to pay an additional fee to make your payments- you can visit the nearest establishment and pay your contract in cash or with a credit / debit card.