Once a new credit card, the next step is usually to wait for it to arrive in the mail. To avoid manipulation or fraud in the event that the card is lost on the way to its destination, the card issuer requires that it be activated, for which it is necessary to provide certain information that verifies that you are, in fact, the recipient of the card. the card. Activate a Mastercard card extremely simple.
Now, to activate a Mastercard card, you must call the activation phone number that is printed on the card; In addition, you can also do it by contacting customer service, and even online.
- 1 How is the process of activating a credit card?
- 2 How to activate a Mastercard credit card online
- 3 How to activate a Mastercard credit card over the phone
- 4 How to activate a Mastercard credit card through a mobile application
- 5 And what about Mastercard gift cards? How are they activated?
- 6 How do you use a MasterCard gift card?
- 7 How to activate a Mastercard card issued by a bank
- 8 How to activate a NetSpend MasterCard
- 9 Frequent questions
- 10 What can I do if I have not received my Mastercard?
- 11 Tips for getting a new credit card
- 12 In conclusion
How is the process of activating a credit card?
When you request a new card and it is approved, you will usually receive it by standard mail in 7-10 business days. Sometimes it can arrive sooner, and some shippers even offer an expedited shipping service. Now, in the case of replacement cards (either because your card was stolen or you lost it), you must also activate them once you receive them.
Most of the time, your Mastercard will come in a white envelope (standard or large); and on one side of the card itself you’ll find a sticker showing a phone number, and sometimes a website, for activation. After activating online or by phone, your card will be ready to use.
Keep in mind that the card account is likely to be open even if you haven’t activated it, since by requesting it you are telling the bank that you want that account.
How to activate a Mastercard credit card online
Activating a Mastercard card online is often the fastest way to start using your card, but first you will need a user account on the provider’s online platform. If you don’t already have one, sign up by providing personal information like your Social Security number and date of birth. After this, you can activate your Mastercard online by following these steps:
- Log in with your user account on your provider’s online platform.
- Look for your new Mastercard credit card in the “Accounts” section.
- Enter your credit card information, such as number, expiration date, and CVV/CVC code.
- You may need to verify your identity by entering information such as your date of birth and/or Social Security number.
How to activate a Mastercard credit card over the phone
The phone activation of a Mastercard is another widely used method. To do so, you must:
- Call the number on the back of the card.
- Choose the “activate card” option.
- Provides Mastercard card information.
- You may also be required to provide your personal information.
How to activate a Mastercard credit card through a mobile application
Most major card providers allow their users to activate a card with their mobile app. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Download the card provider’s app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Sign in with your online account username and password.
- Look for your card in the “Accounts” section.
- Follow the prompts.
And what about Mastercard gift cards? How are they activated?
If the Mastercard is a gift card, the activation process will be a little different. Typically, you’ll activate a MasterCard gift card where you purchased it. And it’s as simple as getting to the cash register and paying. The cashier will then give you an activation receipt, which is very important in case you have trouble redeeming the card after leaving the store.
For online gift card purchases, you may be required to activate your MasterCard gift card after you receive it. In this case, the activation instructions should be in the card package. As with a credit card and Mastercard debit, in the package you will find a form with a phone number that you can call in case you have any problem.
How do you use a MasterCard gift card?
Once you activate a MasterCard gift card, you may have a limited time to use it. Many MasterCard (and also Visa) gift cards have an expiration date, often spanning 12 months.
After this 12-month period, you may be charged a fee each month from your card balance, so it’s extremely important to be aware of these limitations. On the other hand, if you lose the gift card, there is no way to get the money back, so the sooner you use it, the better.
How to activate a Mastercard card issued by a bank
Like most cardholders, you may have obtained your Mastercard through your financial institution. In this case, you have to do the activation process through the bank. For example, if your card was issued by Bank of America, contact the bank instead of MasterCard. However, the easiest way to activate a bank-issued card is through the bank’s website.
Now, many banks offer a toll-free number for activation. Although Bank of America encourages customers to activate their cards online, like many banks it also offers an activation number.
How to activate a NetSpend MasterCard
Prepaid cards have become increasingly popular in recent years, and one extremely popular brand is the NetSpend card. These cards allow you to deposit your paycheck directly onto them and then spend the money as you would with a debit card connected to a bank account.. You can also upload backgrounds from other sources, making it ideal for a variety of applications.
To activate your NetSpend Mastercard, just go to netspend.com/account/activate. As with any online activation method, you will need to enter the card number and security code on the back. If you are having problems with your card, you can call NetSpend customer service at 1-86-NETSPEND.
- How long does it take to activate my Mastercard?
It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to activate a Mastercard. But if you’re in a hurry, we recommend you activate online or through the mobile app.
- How do I know if my Mastercard credit card is activated?
You can check the status of your Mastercard cards in your online account or in the mobile application.
- When can I start using my Mastercard card?
You can use your Mastercard immediately after you have activated it.
What can I do if I have not received my Mastercard?
If your card application has been approved and you have not received it after approximately 21 days, you should contact the issuer to ensure that it has not been activated. It’s also possible that it was lost in the mail, so the company might need to issue another one.
Tips for getting a new credit card
Keep reading: What to do if your credit card was cloned?
Here are some tips to keep in mind if you are thinking of getting a credit card.
- If you’re trying to figure out which credit card is right for you, in this Article Let’s talk about which are some of the best on the market today (especially if you’re a teenager).
- If you applied for a new Mastercard and have not received a response yet, you may need to check the status of your application online, or contact the company.
- We recommend that you find out what happens if you haven’t activated your Mastercard (just in case you forget to). In this case, the card is most likely not usable.
You can activate all Mastercard cards the same way you would activate any other card, i.e. by phone or online. You can also activate the card through the mobile app with some card providers. Now, once you have your Mastercard active, consider adding a secondary credit card to your wallet, as this can help you get additional benefits as well as increase your credit limit.