Walmart is a national and international retail corporation that offers many employment opportunities. It is the largest employer in the United States, currently has more than 2 million workers. If you want to be one of them, keep reading. In this article we will explain how to apply to work at Walmart.
- 1 Jobs available at Walmart
- 2 Walmart Employee Benefits
- 3 Walmart Career: Information
- 4 How to apply to work at Walmart
- 5 Fill out a job application at Walmart in Spanish
- 6 Application to work at Walmart: Frequently Asked Questions
- 6.1 Where can I apply to work at Walmart?
- 6.2 In what languages is the application available?
- 6.3 Do I have to take a test when applying for the Walmart?
- 6.4 How long does it take to apply for a job at Walmart?
- 6.5 What if I need help?
- 6.6 What if I have committed a serious crime?
- 6.7 Do you run a background check?
- 6.8 Do you do a drug test?
- 6.9 What are the requirements to work at Walmart?
- 6.10 What personal information is required to apply at Walmart?
- 6.11 Can I choose what type of job I would like and in what area?
- 6.12 Can I choose which positions I want to apply for at Walmart?
- 6.13 Do you require references to work at Walmart?
- 6.14 How long of work history must be submitted?
Jobs available at Walmart
There are many jobs available at Walmart. Within stores and Sam’s Clubs, he offers hourly retail jobs and management jobs. There are also jobs in health care, including careers in pharmacy, optometry, and the Walmart Care Clinic. Corporate jobs are available ranging from accounting to engineering to real estate. There are also jobs for drivers and at the Walmart Distribution Center.
Walmart Employee Benefits
Walmart employees receive various benefits including an incentive / bonus plan, health insurance, profit sharing, 401 (k), education, store discounts, educational assistance, among others. All Walmart associates (full and part time) may be eligible for insurance benefits.
Walmart Career: Information
Details on how to fill out the application to work at Walmart, jobs available at Walmart and requirements to work at Walmart.
This company also offers leadership opportunities for students looking to gain experience and Walmart Academy training programs of two to six weeks across the country. There are many promotional opportunities.
How to apply to work at Walmart
1. Walmart Pre-Employment Assessment Test and Job Application
To start, You can visit the Walmart Recruitment Center online or apply at a Walmart Store Recruitment Kiosk.
Note: Walmart job applications are accepted in both English and Spanish.
It is important that you know that if you want a job at Walmart, you will have to start by answering the employment statements. These include accepting a background check, a drug test, and acknowledging that misrepresentation or omission of any information will result in disqualification or termination from employment.
2. Sign up for an applicant account
All applicants must create an account. If you have applied for a job at Walmart before, you can log into the applicant account you have already created.
3. Complete the Walmart job application
- Choose where you would like to work: Walmart retail store, Sam’s Club, or Walmart distribution / transportation. Also, choose the city and the store or facility in which you would like to work.
- Provide your contact information: name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Provide availability information: Depending on the position you are looking for, you will be asked to complete your availability to work. Later in the application, you will be asked if you are available to work nights and weekends, if you can work the night shift, and if you want to work full-time, part-time, or temporarily.
- Complete your work history: Include details about your employers and dates of work (up to ten years ago). If you already have a resume, you can upload it so that the system automatically reads your job history. Make sure to verify that it loads correctly (the software may not collect all the information).
- Check your eligibility to work: You must be prepared to prove your US citizenship or your eligibility to work in the United States.
- Provide your qualifications: for example, if you have special abilities or if you are bilingual.
- Choose whether or not to share your personal information: You can volunteer your gender or ethnic group or refuse to disclose this information.
4. Complete the Walmart employment questionnaire
Next, you must complete a questionnaire in which you will be asked to provide your age and if you have ever been convicted of a felony, robbery, fraud or violent crime.
They will also ask you about your level of education, if you are a student, the minimum amount of money you would accept for the job, your work experience, if they can contact your previous employers, and when you can start working. You also need to answer a few questions that will determine if you are eligible for federal tax credits.
5. Take the Walmart Pre-Employment Assessment Test
If requested, the job portal will inform you to start an evaluation. Continue with the quick slide show and allow about half an hour to complete the quiz.
This Walmart Retail Assessment Test has five sections:
1. There are five scenarios in which you can choose the reactions that are most useful and least useful. Read the scenario and each answer carefully. Although some of the answers may seem similar, you must choose which of the four is better (by selecting the button on the left) and which is the worst (by selecting the button on the right).
2. The next section tests your ability to manage teams with six multiple-choice questions. Read the question carefully and examine the graphs or diagrams the assessment provides to help you arrive at your answer. In this section, you will need to demonstrate some basic math and logic skills.
3. In the third section you will be presented with two scenarios. In each, prioritize four activities in order of greatest impact on the overall performance of the facility you manage.
4. The next section are general questions related to employment history. There are 18 questions in total, but they do not require you to analyze or calculate any answers. Read each question carefully and choose the best one from the options.
5. In the final section they will give you characteristics of work style and its opposites. You must choose which part of the spectrum to land on. If that sounds complicated to you, be sure to look at the sample question for guidance. There are 59 questions and there are no wrong answers.
Fill out a job application at Walmart in Spanish
If you are not yet fluent in English, you can also apply for management or hourly positions at Walmart en Español. To do so, follow the following link: Walmart Job Application in Spanish.
Application to work at Walmart: Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I apply to work at Walmart?
Applicants can apply for a job in person at any Walmart store. Job application cubicles are located in the Customer Service Center at each Walmart store.
Applicants can also fill out an online form after registering. Registration consists of creating a username and password. The Walmart Hiring Center website address for hourly positions and Vision Center, as well as individuals seeking to apply for corporate positions, is careers.walmart.com.
Walmart claims that its recruiting website works best with Internet Explorer. The online application system is not compatible with the Apple platform or the Safari browser. Use Internet Explorer so you don’t lose your job during the application process!
In what languages is the application available?
Walmart job applications are available in English and Spanish.
Do I have to take a test when applying for the Walmart?
Applicants may be required to take an assessment test. The applicant is asked to provide information on job qualifications and related experience. This five-part test assesses the applicant’s ability to handle customer service and employee relations situations in a positive and effective manner.
How long does it take to apply for a job at Walmart?
The Walmart app takes thirty to sixty minutes. Applicants who choose to complete an application online can save their application for up to sixty days.
What if I need help?
Walmart is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes people with disabilities to apply. Walmart also offers app assistance to anyone who needs it.
What if I have committed a serious crime?
It has been reported that some Walmart stores have hired people who have been convicted of felonies in the past, according to the nature of the crime and the time elapsed since the conviction. It is recommended to fully disclose any information related to the conviction.
Do you run a background check?
Walmart does conduct background checks on people who apply for jobs. Walmart may search or verify information from credit bureaus, schools and universities, law enforcement agencies, individual references, and former employment companies or corporations.
Do you do a drug test?
Walmart incorporates drug testing as part of the hiring process. Applicants must provide a urine sample for analysis. Test results showing detectable amounts of controlled substances will be removed from the list of potential candidates.
IMPORTANT: Walmart may conduct periodic drug testing once applicants are hired.
What are the requirements to work at Walmart?
Applicants will need to provide their social security number. Applicants are also asked to provide their gender and ethnicity, but applicants are not required to do so and may decline to answer those questions. New hires may be required to provide verification of eligibility to legally work in the United States.
What personal information is required to apply at Walmart?
Applicants must provide their name and address. There are other fields that ask for the applicant’s phone number, alternate phone number, and email address, but these fields are optional.
Can I choose what type of job I would like and in what area?
Applicants can select and apply to Walmart, Sam’s Club, or Walmart Logistics transportation facilities using the company’s system. Walmart’s job application system also offers the ability to enter a zip code and search for the closest stores in the area.. An applicant can search for stores in their location range from a radius of five to one hundred miles.
Can I choose which positions I want to apply for at Walmart?
Applicants can choose professional, supervisor, and leader job titles; per hour, office and loss prevention or Administration. After selecting the type of position, the applicant can place a check in the box for each vacant position of interest within the chosen category.
After you get a position at Walmart, you can apply for advanced positions and training programs. For example, if you are a salaried employee, you can apply to an assistant principals training program, and after completing it, you opt for a very competitive base salary.
Do you require references to work at Walmart?
Yes, applicants must provide the names and phone numbers of two professional references.
How long of work history must be submitted?
Applicants must provide employment history for the last ten years.