The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as an EBT card, food stamps, or food stamps, is designed to provide nutritional assistance to low-income individuals and families. Their beneficiaries receive the funds through the EBT card, which works in a very simple way, similar to the debit cards that we all know.
Here we explain how to check the balance of the EBT card and the P-EBT card.
How to check the balance of the EBT card?
Each of the different states that make up the union offer different ways to check your Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) balance and your EBT card transaction history. However, here are some useful tips regarding the monitoring and control of the consumption made with your card:
- Check your EBT card balance on your last grocery receipt.
- Log in and check your balance online if your state provides an online mechanism by which you can review your SNAP account.
- Call your state’s Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) customer service number, an EBT customer service representative should be able to help you.
- Call the toll-free number on the back of your EBT card.
In the following link you will find the list of telephone numbers and web pages of the Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) customer service of your state.
Search the link below for the interactive map of the website of Food and Nutrition Service (fns) to find the appropriate SNAP State Information Hotline based on your location.
Check your EBT card balance using ebtEDGE
Another online mechanism to check your balance food stamp benefits or temporary assistance, so you can see where these benefits were spent and also receive help with your EBT card, is the fisglobal ebtEDGE website.
Keep reading: EBT New York Card: Complete Guide
Once you get to the main page of ebtEDGE, follow the next steps:
- Click Cardholder
- Write the card number and press LOGIN
- Enter your PIN, press CONTINUE
- Follow the simple instructions
How to check the balance of the P-EBT card
There are various mechanisms that allow you to keep track of your EBT card. By using them, you will not only be able to check your EBT card balanceYou will also be able to track the consumption made. Always remember as a security measure to memorize your access PIN and have your EBT card at hand.