Since its founding in 1999, Cricket has become one of the most famous prepaid mobile phone providers in the United States. Its first-rate service and unique company DNA caught the attention of one of the telephony giants: AT&T. In fact, to this day Cricket and AT&T have merged through the parent company of the young phone company, Leap.
Cricket’s phone service, pricing, and customer service have made it compete with other industry giants like T-Mobile and Verizon. This has made us set our eyes on the company. Today we will find out if Paying for Cricket online and over the phone is as easy as its competition.
- 1 What is Cricket Wireless?
- 2 How to pay for Cricket by phone and online?
- 2.1 How to pay for Cricket online
- 2.2 How to pay for Cricket by phone
- 3 Frequently asked questions about Cricket payment methods
- 3.1 Can I pay for Cricket with a check?
- 3.2 Can I pay for Cricket with PayPal?
- 3.3 Can I pay for Cricket with a money order?
- 3.4 How can I order automatic debit at Cricket?
- 3.5 What is the Cricket Refill Card and how is it used?
- 3.6 Is there any other way to pay for my Cricket plan?
- 3.7 How can I see how much data I have left?
What is Cricket Wireless?
Cricket – officially Cricket Wireless – is renowned for its charm rates. In a quick glance, we can cite four good mobile plans from this company that are the best sellers in the United States.
- The 2GB Plan for $ 30 per month
- The 10GB Plan for $ 40 per month
- The Unlimited Plan of $ 55 per month
- The Unlimited Plan + Mobile Spot 15 GB for $ 60 per month
As you see, Cricket’s cheapest plan is available for as low as $ 30. While it is true that the services included in each plan could be better, keep in mind that you could enjoy movie offers and discounts by adding family lines, other added services or programming the automatic payment service.
When it comes to coverage, Cricket is not far behind its competition. In 2020, the company launched its 5G network with nationwide coverage. Of course: there is something that we do not like too much and that is that the company limits download speeds to 8 Mbps depending on the plan and the region of the country.
There are other things that make Cricket a good phone company, like allowing new customers to buy a new device and switch to the company without having to change your phone number, access unlimited plans for streaming playback, enjoy free trials of paid services, such as HBO Max; among others.
What do we conclude? If you are interested in acquiring multiple simultaneous lines for your family or business, Cricket could be the option for you! While it is true that you can pay $ 30 for a line with basic data, the big savings comes with its promotion of 4 mobile phone lines for only $ 100 per month.
How to pay for Cricket by phone and online?
If you’re already a Cricket customer, you may be familiar with all its benefits (and cons). That is why we will move on to another highly relevant topic: how to pay for Cricket online and by phone.
We will also answer some of the frequently asked questions from users, such as if it is possible to pay someone else for the Cricket mobile plan or how you can review your data consumption so you don’t go over budget. Are you ready to start?
How to pay for Cricket online
This company always thinks about the comfort of the users. That is why, in addition to having a number to pay for Cricket by phone, it also has an online service. Payments can be made through the platform (using Quick Payment or My Account) or the mobile application:
How to pay for Cricket online using My Account
- Enter the platform and click on My Account
- Login using your username and password
- Register the card details you want to use to make payments
- Enter the amount to pay or recharge
- Click on the box to accept the terms and conditions of the platform
- Press the button “Check Payment”
- Review the payment information with a magnifying glass. If there are no errors, click Submit Payment
- If the information shows errors, you can select the Edit option to correct it
- In moments, a payment confirmation page will load. You will also receive an SMS with the confirmation number
How to pay for Cricket online using Quick Pay
- Visit the website cricketwireless.com
- Select the Quick Pay option
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Click on the blue arrow next to the credit / debit card image
- Enter your credit or debit card details
- Select the amount to pay or recharge
- Click on the box to accept the terms and conditions of the platform
- Press the Check Payment button
- Check that everything is fine. If so, click Confirm Payment. Otherwise, click on Edit, correct the information and review the data again
- As soon as you click on Confirm Payment, a screen will open with the confirmation information. An SMS will also come to your phone
How to pay for Cricket online through the mobile app
There are two ways to use the myCricket app to pay for mobile. In the first, you can use a Credit or debit card, and in the second, the balance of your payment purse. Let’s each one in detail:
Pay for Cricket online using the myCricket app. Method 1:
- Download the myCricket app on your mobile
- Open the application and log in using your username and password
- Select Credit Card (to pay with a credit card) or Debit Card (to pay with a debit card) as the case may be
- As always, record the details of the payment method you have chosen
- Click the box below to accept the mobile app terms and conditions
- Select the Check Payment option. Check that all the data is correct. Otherwise, click Edit
- After clicking on the Confirm button, a payment confirmation screen will appear. You will also receive a message on your mobile with the confirmation number
Pay for Cricket online using the myCricket app. Method 2:
- Download and open the myCricket app on your mobile. Use your details for the login.
- Enable your preferred payment wallet. myCricket is compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
- Select Wallet (electronic purse) in the application and choose your preferred one from the list.
- Enter the payment or recharge amount, click Next and voila! The system will return a confirmation number online. It will also arrive in a text message
How to pay for Cricket by phone
If you need to pay your bill by phone, dial the number to pay Cricket from your mobile: * PAY (* 729). This command will take you to the automatic payment system. If you can’t call from your Cricket line, don’t worry! You can do it from any phone using this alternative number: 1-800-274-2538.
Note that not all payment methods are enabled to pay for Cricket by phone and that, in addition, you will have to be willing to pay an additional fee of $ 4 to process payment. The payment methods allowed in this case are:
Tip: If you can’t pay for Cricket online or over the phone, visit a store or payment center. In stores, you can pay in cash, with credit or debit cards, gift cards, prepaid cards, and digital wallets. If you choose the payment center option, you can only do it in cash.
Frequently asked questions about Cricket payment methods
If you still have questions about the various payment methods Cricket offers, don’t worry! You will not stay with them. We will try to clear the frequent doubts of the users in the next section.
Can I pay for Cricket with a check?
Unfortunately not. Cricket does not accept checks of any kind or bank as a means of payment.
Can I pay for Cricket with PayPal?
Either. Cricket only works with certain digital wallets, such as Samsung Pay, Google Pay, and Apple Pay. PayPal, for now, is not available.
Can I pay for Cricket with a money order?
No. Cricket only accepts debit and / or credit cards, prepaid open circuit cards, some payment wallets, and in a couple of cases, cash.. You can also schedule your payments to be automatically debited. So you won’t have to spend so much time paying your bills.
How can I order automatic debit at Cricket?
If you don’t want to forget about your payments or you prefer to automate everything so as not to waste more time on the account, you can schedule an automatic payment. Thus, every month the platform will collect the amount owed without you having to do anything.
To do this, go to the My Account platform or the myCricket mobile application. Set up automatic payment by selecting the appropriate option. Register your debit and / or credit card details -or your preferred payment method- and voila!
What is the Cricket Refill Card and how is it used?
Cricket Refill Cards are simply a non-reloadable card that you can use to pay your bills or to gift to someone else. There are various amounts available: $ 10, $ 25, $ 40, $ 50, and $ 60.
We recommend that you select the one closest to the amount owed from your plan, since the card must be redeemed in full. Fortunately, any money not used to pay that month’s bill will remain in your Cricket account as available credit.
These cards can be used on the customer’s own account or given to another user as a gift. What yes You will not be able to do is exchange them for cash or after one year from the date of issue.
Remember: Refill cards can be used to pay for Cricket online or by phone.
Is there any other way to pay for my Cricket plan?
Actually yes. Cricket issues a service payment card that, as its name implies, is only good for that. Unlike recharge cards, service payment cards are multipurpose (that is, they can be recharged several times) to pay for the mobile plan.
Are there limitations? Yes. Money on the card cannot be used to buy a phone at Cricket or as a means of scheduling automatic payments. Plus, it comes in specific amounts of $ 40 and $ 70, no more than that.
How can I see how much data I have left?
If you want to save with Cricket, you should continually review the amount of data you use to know if the plan you have is too low or high for you. If it is too high, you would be losing money because you will always lose megabytes of navigation and payments. If the plan is very low, you will not have enough megabytes to navigate. In addition to depending on the Wi-Fi connection, you will have to recharge your mobile more frequently.
Fortunately, checking your data usage with Cricket is quick and easy. To do this, log into your account, either through the platform or the mobile app. Click on the mobile plan usage tab. If you only have one phone number with Cricket, you will see the data usage. If you have several lines, you will have to choose one of them to be able to review the available data.