To personalize a Wells Fargo card, visit the Wells Fargo Card Card Design Studio and choose an image or upload a photo. You will not be charged a fee to personalize a Wells Fargo credit card. But you must have an active Wells Fargo credit card account that is in good standing (i.e. no late payments). Now, Wells Fargo does not allow card applicants to choose a custom design, so the customization service is for replacement cards only.
The Wells Fargo Card Design Studio image library includes categories like animals, nature, sports and hobbies, business and industry, and more. If you’re using your own image, make sure it meets the Design Studio guidelines. Images containing copyrighted material, profanity, or obscene gestures will be rejected. Wells Fargo may also reject low-quality images, as well as images larger than three megabytes (3 MB).
- 1 What is the Card Design Studio service?
- 2 What image can you use?
- 3 Image Guidelines
- 4 How to Personalize a Wells Fargo Card
- 5 card eligibility
- 6 What should I do if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
- 7 Who do I call if I need additional assistance?
What is the Card Design Studio service?
To start, simply log in and access Card Design Studio. Locate the card you want to customize and click customize now. If you plan to use your own image to personalize your Wells Fargo card, to save time we recommend making sure your image is ready to upload before you start the process and that it meets the image guidelines, which we’re going to talk about. next.
What image can you use?
Now all the images in the library are approved for use in the card design. If you choose to upload your own image, you must comply with certain specific guidelines.
In this sense, Wells Fargo reserves the right to accept or reject any image. Whether this is an artwork or a logo, the following guidelines will help you choose an acceptable image. If your image doesn’t meet these guidelines, or if the company rejects your image for any other reason, they’ll send you an email proposing that you try again using a different image.
For all images you must:
- Use one of the following file formats: .jpeg, .jpg, .gif, .png, .tiff, or .bmp.
- Upload a file that is less than three megabytes (that is, 3 MB or 3,000 KB).
- Own the image or have permission from the owner to use the image on your card.
- Have the approval of the owner if you use any logo, name or label that is not yours.
For background images, the background image must have pixel dimensions greater than or equal to 840×840. For photos and logos, you must have pixel dimensions that are greater than or equal to 400×400.
Images that include any of the following will be rejected:
- Trademarks, logos, copyrighted materials, advertising and third party marks.
- Name, image and likeness of celebrities, musicians, athletes, artists or other public figures.
- Phone numbers, URLs, account numbers, addresses, or email addresses.
- Cartoon characters or illustrations that you did not create.
- Violent, offensive, antisocial or death images, including any other material that could be perceived as violent.
- Suggestive, lewd or sexual content, including nude, semi-nude images, or photos of partially clothed people of any age.
- Dead animals, including game animals.
- Political or religious images or texts.
- Symbols that represent money or other content that could cause confusion for the merchant or could give rise to card fraud.
- Socially unacceptable or discriminatory behavior or signs (for example, gangs, hate, drug or alcohol abuse, graffiti, profanity, or other obscene behavior or gestures).
- Flag images, unless it is one of the flag-related images in the image library.
- Altered photos using emojis or other images from third-party phone app processes or features, including lenses and filters.
Business cards can display your own company logo, an image that represents your company “storefront,” or any other image that captures an aspect of your business, as long as it meets the image guidelines listed above.
Customers with multiple cards
You can use the same image on all the cards in your accounts, or differentiate your cards by using a different image for each one. You can only design one card at a time, so you’ll need to customize each card individually.
How to Personalize a Wells Fargo Card
- Visit the Wells Fargo Card Design Studio and sign in to your online account. Choose whether you’re personalizing a personal or business card and click the “Start Here” button.
- Click the “select background” button to upload your own photo or choose an image from the library.
- Crop or resize your chosen image using the page toolbar.
- Preview of your design. Click the “Edit” button if you need to make adjustments, or “Confirm” if you don’t.
- Please allow up to 2 business days for Wells Fargo to review your design and send a confirmation email. If the design is rejected, you will be prompted to submit another.
- Get your personalized Wells Fargo credit card within 5-7 business days of design approval.
If you card is available for customization, you will find it as “eligible” on the Card Design Studio page. If you are a Wells Fargo customer, you can use the Card Design Studio service as long as:
- Have an eligible and active debit card. Cards not eligible for personalization include The Private Bank cards, ATM deposit cards, Campus cards, ATM cards, Instant Issue Debit Cards, Greenhouse Debit Cards, and Wells Fargo EasyPay Instant Cards.
- You have an eligible and active credit card. Credit cards not eligible for personalization include Propel American Express, Cash Wise, The Private Bank and Wells Fargo Advisor cards.
- Your accounts are up to date.
- Access your cards through Wells Fargo Online.
What should I do if my card is lost, stolen or damaged?
Report lost or stolen cards immediately through Wells Fargo online, using your Wells Fargo Mobile® app, or by calling them at the number that corresponds to your card type:
- Personal credit cards, call 1-800-642-4720.
- For personal or prepaid debit cards, call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
- Business credit or debit cards, call 1-800-CALL-WELLS (1-800-225-5935).
If your card is already personalized, your replacement card will come with the same design as the card that was lost or stolen.
You can call a Wells Fargo customer representative in Spanish here.
Who do I call if I need additional assistance?
If you need additional assistance with the Card Design Studio service:
- For personal credit cards, call 1-800-642-4720.
- Personal or prepaid debit cards, call 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557).
- For business debit or credit cards, call 1-800-CALL-WELLS (1-800-225-5935).
- Questions about the online photo request process, please call 1-800-956-4442.