It doesn’t matter what you need: pass the credit from one social security to another, find out how to get the ITIN Number or verify the tax refund: there is always a good excuse to call the IRS phone numberEspecially as tax season approaches.
At the end of the day, the types of taxes in the United States are complicated enough on their own to obtain information in a language that you are not 100% fluent. IRS phone services for Spanish-speaking taxpayers are completely free and, to help you, we leave them in this article.
IRS in Spanish phone number
If you want to communicate with a representative of the Internal Revenue Service, call the IRS telephone number in Spanish 1-800-829-1040 option 8 within their business hours: Monday through Friday, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. local (if you are within the United States) or between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm if you are in Puerto Rico.
Remember that, to make inquiries, claims or questions; you will have to verify your identity. To do this, the IRS may ask you for one, two, or more of the following information:
Internal revenue service phone for services
Calling the IRS phone in Spanish IRS can help you with a myriad of issues related to paying or filing taxes, from the deadline for filing taxes to how long it takes for the refund to arrive. We leave you a table with all the Spanish IRS telephone numbers divided by service:
|IRS phone number|
|Type of IRS service in Spanish||IRS phone number in Spanish||Hours of operation|
|Taxpayer Assistance and Care for the Hearing Impaired (TTY)||TTY: 1-800-829-4059||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Obtain tax information on inheritances, gifts and donations||1-866-699-4083||Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 3:30 pm EST|
|Contact the Taxpayer Defense Service||1-877-777-4778||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Get or find the Tax ID of your business, receive information on how to payroll yourself, among others.||1-800-829-4933||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Request submission of IRS forms and publications||1-800-829-3676||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Check the status of your refund||1-800-829-4477||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Pay taxes with a credit card||1-888-972-9829
|Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Track unemployment refund, find out what days the IRS deposits, etc.||1-800-829-1954||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Report that the stimulus check was written for an incorrect amount||1-800-919-9835||Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:30 pm local time|
|Learn how to file back taxes, how to make an amendment, or get help filling out and filing Schedule C and any other IRS joint or individual return forms||1-800-829-1040||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Find tax clinics for free tax advice and information||1-800-906-9887||Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:30 pm local time|
|Report that you were a victim of identity theft||1-800-908-4490||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Get help filing corporate, association, or small business taxes, such as filing Schedule k-1||1-800-829-4933||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Information and assistance for taxpayers who do not live in the United States or the application of taxes to foreigners||1-267-941-1000||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm EST|
|Schedule an appointment with the IRS||1-844-545-5640||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
|Report that you are a victim of tax fraud or report a lost return check||1-800-829-1954||Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm local time|
What can I do over the IRS phone in Spanish?
The IRS telephone help system in Spanish will provide you with accurate, up-to-date information in your own language regarding anything that has to do with federal taxes.
Although you can use the Internal Revenue Service call center to resolve various issues, It is important that you know that you also have other alternativesWhat:
- Track your refund online using the Where’s My Refund? tool
- Check the status of your amended return using the online tool Where is my Amended Return?
- Find out where your stimulus check is through the Get My Payment web application
- Use the Internal Revenue Service’s free tax preparation program IRS Free File as long as your gross income has been less than $ 69,000.
- Visit the nearest local IRS office (Taxpayer Assistance Center). Remember that you must first call 1-844-545-5640 to schedule an appointment. If you want to know the office closest to your home, use the IRS locator tool.
Best time to call the IRS phone number in Spanish
Best time of day to call the IRS phone number varies depending on the season:
- During tax seasonthe waiting time varies from 15 to 29 minutes, being longer on Monday and Tuesday or throughout the month of April. We recommend calling the days Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8:00 a.m. for fast and accurate attention.
- Outside of tax seasonthe waiting time varies from 27 to 44 minutes, with Mondays and Tuesdays being the most chaotic days. We recommend calling the days Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at 8:00 am to reduce wait time.
How can I communicate with an IRS representative in Spanish?
To speak to an IRS representative in Spanish and save yourself a great deal of waiting time, dial the IRS phone number in Spanish 1-800-829-1040 option 8 and follow this step by step:
- Do not select the real reason for your call. Instead, choose “Individual Income Tax” (option 2).
- Brand 1 to go to payment history. Listen to the message of the automated system and then dial 2.
- The system will ask for your Social Security number or EIN. Do not enter it! Thus, you will access a new menu of options.
- Listen carefully to the message from the IRS and check the corresponding option. For example, to get help with your taxes, you can select option 2.
If you followed all these steps, the system will automatically connect you with an IRS representative in Spanish. Remember to have all the information related to the reason for your inquiry and a couple of personal documents at hand so that the agent can verify your identity.
State Tax Help: Phone Numbers
If you need help or have doubts about the date or method of filing your state taxesdo not despair! We leave you a guide with all the U.S. Tax Department phone numbers by state. There you can find a representative who can answer questions like how much you pay in California taxes or what the deduction for state and local taxes is about:
|Telephone numbers of the United States Tax Departments|