Costco Wholesale Corportation is one of America’s most recognized price club chains. It is characterized by the sale of products in large quantities, although it can also be purchased in small quantities. Within its category, Costco is in second place since 2014, just after Walmart and surpassing the French chain Carrefour. If you want to start enjoying their good prices and discounts, check out the requirements for a COSTCO USA membership that we present below.
- 1 COSTCO USA Membership Facts
- 2 Requirements for a COSTCO USA membership
- 3 Requirements for a COSTCO USA membership: Prices
- 4 Membership cards (data of interest)
- 5 Does the membership expire?
- 6 Benefits of COSTCO USA membership
- 7 What services can you use without a Costco membership?
- 8 Costco near me
COSTCO USA Membership Facts
- Membership is available to qualifying individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Costco may decline or cancel any membership at the company’s discretion.
- Membership is subject to company rules, privacy policies and practices and may be changed from time to time without notice.
- A valid photo ID will need to be presented prior to enrolling as a member.
Keep reading: What credit cards does Costco accept?
Requirements for a COSTCO USA membership
The first thing you should do is join Costco online. Go to its official Costco membership page, choose the card you want and complete the information requested in the form. Full name, identification number, address, mode of payment, employment certificates, among others.
Some of the requirements may vary depending on the type of card or membership you request.
Personal Account / Digital Membership COSTCO USA
After joining Costco, you must create a personal account. It’s a simple process that you can even complete through the Costco mobile app (available on the App Store or Play Store).
To register online, you will need your card number. If you have already joined, you can look for it in one of the stores closest to your home.
- Go to the Costco membership online site and log in
- Select the option create account
- Write the 12 digits of your membership card
- Enter your e-mail
- Select a strong password
- Finish the registration operation
- In your e-mail you will receive the procedure to follow so that you can confirm your registration.
IMPORTANT: You will only be able to obtain the digital membership after completing the affiliation process.
Keep reading: How to get the Walmart MoneyCard prepaid card
Requirements for a COSTCO USA membership: Prices
- Basic Membership: It has a cost of $ 60 per year, it allows you to buy in the store and get discounts.
- Business Membership: It costs $ 60 per year. You can add other people who want to buy in the store, but they will have to pay $ 60 per person.
- Executive Membership: It has a cost of $ 120 per year, you get 2% reimbursement of your annual expenses. In addition, they allow you to buy to resell, you can add people for a price of $ 60 per year per person.
- Traditional Membership: it costs $ 250 a year.
- Gold Membership: it is priced at $ 500 per year. With it you can buy household products at excellent prices.
- Executive Membership: it has a value of 1000 dollars annually. It allows you to get a 2% refund on all purchases you make.
With any type of membership you will receive a card that you must use to make your purchases at Costco stores, including those outside the United States. You can also make your purchases online.
Keep reading: How to get a Walmart credit card in the United States
Membership cards (data of interest)
- The membership fee is for a period of 12 months from the date of enrollment of the primary cardholder.
- Your membership card is valid at any Costco warehouse worldwide and is not transferable.
- You will be asked to show your membership card when you log into Costco and when you make a payment to a payment register.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported at any Costco membership counter or through 1-800-774-2678.
- Primary and affiliate members receive a free family card for anyone over 18 years of age living at the same address. Headlines will be asked of family cards showing proof that they live at the same address as the primary or affiliate member.
Does the membership expire?
Yes, Costco membership expires if you stop using it for about a year. You are only an active member of the company if you use your card regularly.
To find out if your membership is valid, you must go to the Costco website and check your status. If it is not valid, you can reactivate it through the option “membership renewal”.
The card does not have a specific expiration date, if you use it frequently it will remain active. We recommend that you check your status from time to time to avoid inconvenience.
Benefits of COSTCO USA membership
Having a Costco membership can bring you many benefits. You will be able to obtain exclusive products of the company through its web portal and buy gas at Costco pumps, for example. With your purchases you get coupons, offers and discounts on different products.
What services can you use without a Costco membership?
Although you must be a member to get great deals on most of the items sold at Costco, there are a few areas of the store that you can access without having a membership:
- The pharmacy. Because prescription drug sales cannot be limited through a club or membership, anyone can purchase medication at Costco. You can also take advantage of other health services, like flu shots or ear and eye exams. However, you will need a membership to buy products like glasses or hearing aids, for example.
- The food fair. Some fans were able to feast on Costco’s ever-affordable hot dogs, pizza, and yogurt without a membership. We are not sure if that is still the case. According to some rumors this is no longer possible, as of March 16, 2020 an active membership card is essential to make purchases at the food fair.
- The liquor department. Depending on where you live, you may be able to purchase Costco alcohol, even if you are not a member. In some states, it is illegal to require a membership to purchase alcohol. So you can make the most of Costco liquor prices. However, you should first research the laws governing the sale of alcohol in your state before visiting the store: in some locations, Costco may only sell beer and wine, while in other states the sale of any alcohol is prohibited to the store. retailer.
Now that you know the requirements for a COSTCO USA membership you can decide whether or not to start enjoying its benefits. Good luck!
Costco near me